Saturday, May 16, 2009

Support Kids- Parents Unite to Fight Back

Looking for parents that have been ripped off and targeted by Support Kids out of Austin, Tx. Support Kids has officially closed its doors as of May 14, 2009 taking along with it multitudes of unearned client fees and child support that was intended to go to our children. I am hoping that with enough of the same stories and scams that a lot of us have gone through we will be able to recoup some of our lost support and hold Support Kid responsible.
I have been a victim of Support Kids for over 4 years personally and have tried numerous times to get out of their "contract" . Having had 34% of each support check go to these people and the constant slamming from their representatives has taken its toll on me financially and mentally. But now I want to fight back and I am hoping to gain through numbers the ability to be able to bring about a class action lawsuit against these leeches. I have a story and it is a long story that I will be unfolding but I need to hear your stories and your complaints. When Support Kids closed their doors it seems that all of our cases have been forwarded to another questionable recovery group with the information as follows:

Richard J Boudreau and Associates
5 Industrial Way
Salem, NH 03079

Phone: 1-866-997-2449
Email: childsupport@rjba.com

Now after researching online and the BBB of Salem, NH of which this group is NOT a member there are many unresolved issues as these people seem to be none other than a debt collector. I personally did not know that you could sell child support recovery to a debt collector but I am new to this and am trying to find out information as I write this. As I know that we all live in different states and the battle is a large one I believe it is a worthy fight to make. Since, Support Kids resides in Austin, TX I would think that the Texas Attorney General would be the one to come down on these people. But I will find that out and will update you with any more information.
I will also be starting a petition and will supply the link to that petition when I have it written. We as parents are empowered to protect our children and fight against such an organization as Support Kids that claimed to want to help us but took from our children and exhausted us mentally and physically as well.
I thank you for your time and hope that together we can make this happen.

9 comments:

MeLaNiE RyAn said...

Hello,

What I don't understand about this whole thing is; how can a company close their doors and not send out any information about what is going on with your case? Information like; we can no longer handle your case and we are sending you to so and so company instead? The last thing that I got from someone over the phone was, wait for another month and call us back and hopefully we can do something then. It all makes since now why she had said that. I am hoping that I have a choice in this matter of whether I want this company to represent me or not. It just goes to show how unprofessional Supportkids truly is.

I do agree with you that they are rude and they lie in order to get you to sign their contract. I remember one person telling me that they would only have one person working on my case among only 20 cases or less: this was before I signed the contract. They even compared themselves to the states case workers who have as many as 100 cases. In the past year I have never talked to the same person more than once.

Anyway, this company should have gone under a long time ago. All I can say is it's about time this company gets what it deserves.

Melanie

tljoiner said...

Hi Melanie,

Support Kids lied to all of us in the name of helping our children. It is just now coming back to haunt them. They mishandled our support and promised things they could not deliver or even tried to deliver. Most of the people that I have commented with did all of their own research on their exes and Support Kids just swooped in to grab the bucks.
I appreciate your feedback and hope that together we all can unite and stop fraudulent practices such as these.
I will update when I have something new.

Teri

Anonymous said...

i just got a call with a recording from the supposedly new company that will be handling our cases well i think that we should all stop receiving any packages that supposely they will be sending with new contracts we had a contract with supportkids as they told me and we should not sign any other contracts that will get us in the same situation that support kids did.

tljoiner said...

I think that is the consensus....do not sign anything from RJBA at least from I can see from everyone so far. I won't be signing anything personally.

Anonymous said...

Damn, I just signed those papers. I agree with everything said about Support Kids here, and it just ticks me off. I was promised that they would go after the NCP but it only looked like they put in a call here and there, What a bunch of crap even though in my case it has been pushing the NCP to pay a tiny fraction of the back support that he owes. But I was also promised that Support Kids would add on interest to what the NCP owes and that would make up the 34% difference that they take, in the end. It all sounded good at first, but like they did to you all, they lied to me too. And yes I was shocked and let down at the way that they abruptly ended our contracts. I have talked to someone at RJBA and she told me that nothing would change, but as I did with Support Kids, I rounded up all the information on the NCP and gave it to them. And yes, like some of you, I had to do all the work for them. There is nothing I hate worse than getting ripped off, but I just looked at it as, I figure at least I am getting something that I would have never seen because believe, me neither WA state or Texas would pursue him and he sure as heck is not going to do it on his own. You can count me in on the class action. It would be nice to recover some of what Support Kids took from my child.

Anonymous said...

Damn, I just signed those papers. I agree with everything said about Support Kids here, and it just ticks me off. I was promised that they would go after the NCP but it only looked like they put in a call here and there, What a bunch of crap even though in my case it has been pushing the NCP to pay a tiny fraction of the back support that he owes. But I was also promised that Support Kids would add on interest to what the NCP owes and that would make up the 34% difference that they take, in the end. It all sounded good at first, but like they did to you all, they lied to me too. And yes I was shocked and let down at the way that they abruptly ended our contracts. I have talked to someone at RJBA and she told me that nothing would change, but as I did with Support Kids, I rounded up all the information on the NCP and gave it to them. And yes, like some of you, I had to do all the work for them. There is nothing I hate worse than getting ripped off, but I just looked at it as, I figure at least I am getting something that I would have never seen because believe, me neither WA state or Texas would pursue him and he sure as heck is not going to do it on his own. You can count me in on the class action. It would be nice to recover some of what Support Kids took from my child.

Shea said...

Hello -
I am also another mother that didn't understand what happened with the recent close of Support Kids. I will say, they did get my support started in six months when the state of Missouri had been trying to get support from the NCP for over two years... needless to say, I was happy when a check started within six months of working with Support Kids... I WAS NOT however, happy that they were taken 34% every check. I thought well, something was better than nothing and didn't complain. I have been debated for three weeks whether or not to sign these papers from this 'private collection agency' and was just about to sign when I decided to research any other complaints. When I talked to this 'private collection agency', they told me my original contract I signed with Support Kids was still in order because the owner of Support Kids was still the same, he was just using this new company to collect the payments now instead of Support Kids. I don't know what to believe. I would think that once they close their doors, the contract is null and void, but I have still been receiving paper checks from this new company and I haven't signed anything yet. I would think the state would just pick up the pieces, but I don't know how to take the middle person out of the picture now, so my two daughters can now gain that 34% back. I'm in... let me know what to do.

Unknown said...

Has anyone heard anything lately about this company? I was cleaning out some old papers and found the letter from them back in june of 2009. I am not sure if it is a waste of time trying to contact them, but I will try anyway. Wish me luck! Mary

dest said...

Hello everyone, I to made the mistake of dealing with support kids. However I just got out of my contract. The thing to do is file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in which ever location is closest to you! I used the one ont Austin, Texas. I can truly say im happy today!